Random thoughts and musings. Published by the Preying Manti themselves.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chilly Bowl 2006



That's right - the time has come. The Chilly Bowl is right around the corner (the date has been tenatively set for the day after Christmas, and more importantly the Re-Gifting Party).

I am not sure where it will be held. I am guessing that we are looking at either Country Lakes or St. Andrews again. Tee off will be at 10:07 AM.

Let me know if you plan on attending.

A few highlights from past years:

  • Quijano walking through a freezing but not frozen stream after downing most of a 12 pack of Leinie's on the front nine.
  • The ability to tunnel your way to the hole, ensuring a round of one putts (unless you are lazy)
  • Takedowns on the first hole (I believe Vavs took it last year)
  • A shirtless trio of Biff, Steve, and Quijano on the back nine last year
  • The feeding of booze to Biff so that he can no longer challenge for the White Fish trophy
  • Schmelzer leading at the turn only to get too drunk on the back to even come close. (2 years in a row)
  • And of course, giving Quijano the dreaded glove slap (2 years in a row)

My gloves are ready, are yours?

Davey Boy Committee Member

7 comments:

Biff said...

Bartlett hills should be the location, Dave. It would be a short drunk drive home for us all.

Davey Boy said...

Not my call to make...

Mats Mrozov said...

I went shirtless last year too...Damn you Davey no memory!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I will be supplying the takedown this year, so be on your toes cause i got it good last year...count this guy in, and for everyone else looking for something to do the day of christmas, drisc and I will be making the tradition another year of going to the boat

Mike Eagan said...

I'm in for the Chilly Bowl. A shirtless Eagan will bring the women out in droves

Norm said...

im ready to play some golf today. im in.

Steve said...

I am ready to to slap Quiano in the face yet again, and also watch schmelzer blow it yet again