Random thoughts and musings. Published by the Preying Manti themselves.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Wisconsin Trip 2006

Just thought I’d make a final post with regards to the trip up to my parents place in Holcombe, WI July 28-31st.

Dave and I are planning on leaving on Friday around noon if anyone would like to follow us up there. If not, I would recommend coming on Friday night or very early Saturday morning as it is a 5 ½ hour trip and much later than that would be a really long drive for a very short trip. We are planning on coming home on Monday the 31st. So you can stay the entire three day weekend or leave on Sunday if you have to work on Monday…You could always come down with the flu, strep throat, or explosive diarrhea if you don’t want to leave on Sunday.

People I know are coming include: Norm, Driscoll, Jessica, Salgado, Gina, Biff, and Quiano. Please let me know if you aren’t on this list and would like to come or if you are on this list and cannot come. Either email or post a response so I can verify. I will email you with directions when you respond (not so comfortable leaving exact directions up there on the web). BTW, everyone is invited, so if you weren’t asked directly by Dave or I, you ARE welcome to come up there!

Because this is such a short list of people I don’t think anyone will have to camp out; but if you’d like to, feel free to bring a tent. Here’s a list of things to bring: bath/beach towel, swim suit, pillows & blankets, clothes for both hot and cold weather, bug spray, sun tan lotion, beer or stuff to make mixed drinks, food (there is a grocery store in town if you don’t want to pack a cooler), WI fishing license if you have one (you can buy a weekend one Sat. at the bait store if you don’t have one), golf clubs if you want to go golfing (there’s a few really cheap places), and stuff for fishing.

Drisc, apparently my dad sold the little fishing boat a few weeks ago; so if you want to get into any of the little coves that the pontoon can’t fit you’ll have to use the paddleboat. SORRY ! My dad will be staying at our friends down the road on Friday night and might be available to take anyone who wants to go fishing at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday. Please let me know if you are interested so he doesn’t plan something else. Sally, if you bring Benny don’t forget his dog food or what ever else he might need… I‘d recommend putting some frontline on him as there’s lots of ticks up there.

Also, please be respectful… My parents have to live next to these people and frequent the bar down the road at least twice a month. That means don't beat the shit out of the towel dispensor, NO MATTER WHAT IT SAYS TO YOU!!

For all that can’t make it… Have fun taking family photos, testing fire detectors in a sweltering hurricane disaster zone, and doing whatever other lame excuse you had to stay within a five mile radius of Schaumburg.

E

No comments: